The City Government of Davao launches an official unified identification card (ID) for the citizenry of Davao City — the Dabawenyo Card. The new ID aims to promote efficiency, transparency, and seamless delivery of public service to every Dabawenyo. The card shall be used for future assistance programs of the city government.
As part of the first phase of implementation, all Plantilla, Job Order, and Contract of Service personnel of the city government will be required to register for the card through the Dabawenyo App. Apart from being the city government’s new official ID call, the Dabawenyo Card shall also be used to capture the daily logs and attendance as well as serve as the new automated teller machine (ATM) card of the employees. Such features will be linked in the E-payroll System project of the City Government of Davao.
To register for the Dabawenyo Card, city government employees need to follow these steps:
- Using an Android phone, download and install the Dabawenyo App through the http://dabawenyo.davaocity.gov.ph link.
- Make sure that you are at home so that the app can capture your exact location/home residential address for geotagging. Remember, your location is a vital information in case of a natural disaster and other calamities.
- Fill-in the necessary information required from you in the Dabawenyo Card Form
- After completing and saving the information needed, submit the application form attaching a government ID photo and a selfie.
- Employees must declare their employee number for the application to be valid and be accessible by the Human Resource Management Office (HRMO).
To assist in the registration, city government employees may contact the Client Support Team, from 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM, through the following mobile numbers:
- 0915 661 7690 (Globe)
- 0961 071 7590 (Smart)
- 0931 055 5790 (Sun)